Welcome to my career blog. I am a young professional in the process of beginning a career as a Speech and Language Pathologist. This is a place established to help potential and current employers get to know me and my work experience better. Feel free to contact me at devanykay@hotmail.com

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Letter of Intent

I am in my last semester as a graduate student in the Speech and Language Pathology program at the University of Utah and will graduate in May 2014. I am seeking an pediatric SLP CFY position in the Boise area starting in June 2014. I completed my first externship at Children's Therapy Place in March and will complete my Elks Pediatric Rehab externship in May. Both of these experiences have helped me to gain hands-on experience with a variety of pediatric clinics and prepared me well for my CFY year. 

My master’s education at the University of Utah and related observation and volunteer experience has broadened my exposure to many aspects of speech and language pathology.The variety of clients and supervisors I worked with at this U of U clinic laid a strong foundation for my future career as an SLP. I am most interested in pursuing a CFY position that will allow me to work in-depth in the field of Autism and social thinking. In the summer of 2013, I was specially trained in running social skills groups by a experienced autism social group supervisor. I planned and executed weekly groups that were the highlight of my clinical experiences during grad school. I also found a special connection with the clients I worked with on campus, especially those with ASD. Though I am open to the variety of paths my future career may lead me down, I hope to find a position at a clinic where I will have the opportunity to work with clients in the unique field of autism. Please consider me as the next valuable asset to your clinic, with much to learn and much to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment